January 9, 2011

Until We Meet Again...

My friend JoAnn passed away unexpectedly last Saturday. I've only known JoAnn for a few years now, but she left a big impression on my life. This past Thanksgiving, she and I sat down for a few hours and chatted about photography. She was so excited to learn about her camera! She was so kind in complementing my work. She said she could see "life". That is the kindest thing anyone could say about my work. Photography really isn't about taking a pretty picture...it's about capturing life.

I share these images in hope that I can share a bit of her life with you, as family and friends came together to celebrate hers. She was a loving wife. She was a mother of 14. She made awesome lunches. She was a valiant follower of Christ. She always thought of others before she thought of herself. She loved everyone (even two transplanted girls who joined her family for Thanksgiving). She was greatly loved, and she will be greatly missed. I am so grateful that families can be together forever, and that we'll see her again! What strength and peace that brings! So, until we meet again...































0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive